Jump to navigation Jump to search
This would be a place to collect all the Best of Indian Wikipedia / Wikimedia both in terms on content as well as efforts and to recognize people behind them.
Wikimedia India Community
- Wikimedia India Commmunity newsletter
Indians in English Wikipedia
- FA GA DYK related to India -- statistics reports
- Maps of India by en:User:Planemad
- en:User:Bhadani - Top 20 editors in WP by edit count 1.92 lakh edits
- Septuagenarian en:User:Nvvchar DYK creations
- en:User:Shyamal bird sketches
- en:User:Tinucherian - Bot operator / en:WP:BAG member
Malayalam Wiki Community
- Malayalam Wikipedia CD - Team behind
- Wiki2CD software - Team behind
- Wiki FAQ book - Team behind
- ITschool & Participation with government
- Outreach efforts & Community building
- Community website
- Inter wiki activities
- Wiki based software development
- Extension of wikibased software solutions to other Indian languages
Tamil Wiki Community
- The top eight contributors in terms of the number of articles and edits (more than 10,000 edits) are Mayooranathan, Kanags, Natkeeran, செல்வா (Selva), கோபி (Gopi), Ravi, Trengarasu, சிவக்குமார் (Sivakumar)
- Some contributors such as Sundar, Professor V.Krishnamurthi, Karthickbala, Daniel pandian, Pappadu, Kalai, Manian and MakizNan have written some of the best and unique articles as far as Tamil WP is concerned.
- Four contributors made contributions like a storm or hurricane at various times: Sodabottle, Werklorum and நிரோஜன் சக்திவேல் (Nirojan Sakthivel), Bpselvam.
- உமாபதி (Umapathi) wrote on computers, Kalanithe wrote on economics, users சிந்து (Sindhu) and Vasu wrote on music, users George and Terrence wrote on Christianity, users Hibayathulla and ta:User:Arafath.riyath wrote on Islam and Vinodh wrote on Buddhism, user Kathir wrote on medicine, பரிதிமதி (Parithimathi) wrote on science and birds.
- Article writing contest as part of en:World Classical Tamil Conference 2010 - ta:User:கலை (screening co-ordination, helped by a team of 6-8 volunteers), ta:User:Ravidreams (on the ground volunteering and co-ordination), செல்வா (Selva) (vision and facilitation), plus many more
- Working with Google translation project - Sundar, ta:User:Ravidreams, Sodabottle
- A large number of articles on villages, towns an cities in India were made possible by the automated program Ganesh developed (Ganeshbot)
- Automated content building project for Wiktionary - Sundar, ta:User:Ravidreams
- Septuagenarian ta:User:Sengai_Podhuvan - Contributions to Sangam related articles
- Tamil wiktionary - top 10 milestone - People behind:தகவலுழவன், Pazha Kandasamy, Selva, and Sundar
- A book on tamil wikipedia - ta:தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா (நூல்) by ta:User:Theni.M.Subramani
- Creation of 3000 plus articles - ta:User:Mayooranathan
- Main page maintenance and daily news for several years continuously at WP and the anchor person at Wikinews ta:User:Kanags
- Outreach efforts & Community building...wiki meetups,workshops all over the globe - ta:User:Ravidreams,ta:User:கலை
- Community Blog for communication and interaction with Tamil blogging community. - ta:User:Natkeeran, ta:User:Ravidreams
- 45,500 plus edits - ta:User:Natkeeran
- The localisation of Indian languages at ttranslatewiki.net. This makes MediaWiki usable not only for the Wikimedia projects but also for other people and organisations who want to use MediaWiki.