St. Louis, MO
- January 15, 2011
- 5:00 PM
- The City Museum  in the Wash. Ave. loft district, located at 701 North 15th Street. We will gather in the Cabin Inn, which is a log-cabin converted into a bar.
- Admission is $10 after 5 PM. If you arrive earlier, it is $12.
- Wikipedia has only one photo of the City Museum. Bring your camera and we will upload the results to Commons!
- I'll be there, just let me know when and where! --Elonka 00:51, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
I think that's a good idea, but what kind of celebration; how will we celebrate? I'm totally down to celebrate this date! I honestly can't remember what it's like NOT having Wikipedia. Let's get some details together! -Jackson
Why can't we have the party on the actual date? hmm..?
I like to come BirgitteSB 00:32, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
As much as I hate to say it, I think a facebook group/event would be the best way to advertise and spread the word. --murtazanisar
I'll be there. Marcus Qwertyus 14:39, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
I think we may need an organizing committee.
- Maybe we can talk about organizing to work with museums, as has been done with the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC and the Children's Museum in Indianapolis.Parkwells 19:17, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
Maybe? Or you'll talk with the museums? Let's be honest, if you don't, it won't get done. -Jackson
Hmm...I like the museum idea, maybe like the City Museum? -Frenchkittiesofdoom (Austin)
I Believe The City Museum would be a WiKi SpEcTaCuLaR Event! Times 10!!! Candice Burdette :)
I think City Museum is a great idea! - Sarah B.
If I can make it, I will be there.--Chaser 04:20, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
I think that transcribing the entire article about St. Louis, MO onto the sidewalk using sidewalk chalk would be the best idea. --only88keys
- I can't be there but I wholeheartedly support this proposal! Lexicografía 14:16, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
Only problem...I dont have the T-Shirts, and i cant get them by tomorrow -Austin Also will people under 21 be able to come into the "bar"? I havent been to the city museum in a while. -Austin
- There were t-shirts? I was unaware. As far as I can tell, you do not have to be 21. If worse comes to worse, we will gather outside the cabin inn and go to one of the eateries at the city museum for food and (non-alcoholic) drinks. Please don't let this stop you from coming.--Chaser 20:32, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
Theres t-shirts and other stuff that I requested that I haven't got yet, also, i just found out that I will no longer be able to come today, so it would be great if we could reschedule, but if we cant, it doesnt really matter
- Yeah, there's no rescheduling at this point. Let's do another one soon, perhaps this summer.--Chaser 22:00, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
- That will work, plus, we will have more time to plan this out. I felt that we were a little too rushed.