Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Jan. 15, 2011
- West Coast Wikimedians are all welcome to come and join the West Coast WikiConference 2011.
- San Francisco Wikimedians
- What is it: A regional conference for the Wikimedia community, including editors, organizers and friends of the Wikimedia Foundation projects (Wikipedia, Commons, Wikinews, Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiversity, Wikiquote, Wikispecies and Mediawiki). The program will include participant-created sessions and a very special keynote by Ward Cunningham. It will be followed by a very special evening party for Wikipedia's 10th birthday hosted by the WMF.
- Who is it: Wikimedians in the Western US. The conference is being organized by members of the San Francisco Wikimedia community meetup group, which has been having occasional meetups since 2007.
- Where is it: The HUB, San Francisco.
- When is it: January 15, 2011 from 0900 to 4:30 (MLK Weekend / Wikipedia Day). January 15 is "Wikipedia Day", or the first day that Wikipedia went live, and January 15, 2011 will be Wikipedia's 10th birthday. This special tenth anniversary is being celebrated by parties and events around the world.
- How much? A $25 ticket will cover our costs for food and the venue. Register now at EventBrite! If you can't afford the ticket but want to come please talk to gmail.com Phoebe Ayers.
- More info or to volunteer? please see our wiki at West Coast WikiConference 2011.
- What about an afterparty? Conference attendees are invited to a free 10th anniversary party later in the evening.
- Live Stream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wcwc11-wikix