Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pune (former Punvadi / Poona) / पुणे / Punya-Nagari (Maharashtra, India)
- January 15, 2011
- This page is for organising the tenth anniversary celebrations of Wikipedia in Pune
- Current Status
- We are meeting on 15th evening on 18:30 hrs at Symbiosis Institute of Computer Sciences and Research.
- Press releases
- Marathi Wikipedia meetup Blogpost
- Wikimedia Commons meetup Blogpost
- Confessions Of Organising A Tenth Anniversary Wikimeetup In Pune! (Meet writeup)
- Also see the Pune Publicity preparations Pune/Publicity
- Wikipedians in Pune
Four initiatives have crystallized to date (04 Jan 2010)
- Marathi Wikipedia meet-up - 8th January, 1830 - 2000 hrs, SICSR, Atur Centre, Model Colony. Room No 704. 7th floor ( room no. may change ). Mandar Kulkarni (User:Mvkulkarni23 on Marathi Wikipedia is coordinating..
- Improvement of bird articles by 7th Ornithology Course (run by Ela Foundation and Abasaheb Garware College of Arts and Sciences). This will consist of a talk and editing session to the course during their session on 13 Jan 2011. Three articles on Indian bird species will be developed and uploaded on the 15 Jan function. Dr Satish Pande and Dr Anand Padhye, the course organisers and mentors have given full support. (User:AshLin is coordinating).
- Pune photothon - Pune loves Wikimedia Commons - 09 Jan 2011, 9 AM Shaniwar Wada gate. All interested photographers meet there. Sudhanwa Jogalekar (User:Sudhanwa) is coordinating. (send emails to ashwin.baindurgmail.com if you want to particpate).
- Evangelism in schools and colleges. This is being organised independently by TEDxPUNE on 15 Jan in the same premises as the meetup from around 9 AM to 5 PM. The Pune Wikipedian community is supporting them with lecture/presentation/edit session. Abhishek (TEDxPUNE on Facebook) is coordinating.
Activities to be crystalized/taken up in near future
- Sponsorship to distribute about 200 offline readers, pendrives or CD's with wikipedia to libraries of schools - particularly Municipal Schools - without internet across Maharashtra.
- Implemented at Shantabai Ladkat english medium school, Nanapeth, Pune; contact me on nikhil.js [at] gmail.com for details. Used Kiwix. Can't make it to meetup but would love to discuss this and take it futher...
- Setting up a Pune Wikipedian Scholarship for children under 20 to support one years educational expenses for contributing to wikipedia.
- Setting up a Teacher Fellowship for 10 teachers from Pune to create wiki-based content for their classrooms on wikiversity (http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiversity:Main_Page)
Main meetup schedule
The meetup will be conducted from 1830 - 2000 hrs, at Symbiosis Institue of Computer Sciences and Research, Atur Centre, Model Colony. Room No 707. 7th floor. Google Map/Directions to reach Atur Centre.
Schedule will be as follows :
- Presentation on Wikipedia (ten minutes).
- Short talks on:
- Marathi Wikipedia (ten minutes).
- 7th Ornithology Course's contribution to Wikipedia with Uploading of the three improved articles on Indian Birds (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution to Wikimedia Commons with symbolic upload of two photographs, one each of two TFs - Wikimedia Commons loves Pune, and Hill-forts of Maharashtra (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution made by TEDxPUNE's event for college students on 15 Jan 2011 (ten minutes).
- Hallmark address by Mr Barry Newstead from Wikimedia Foundation.
- Vote of thanks.