Mumbai मुंबई (Maharashtra, India)
- January 15, 2011
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM (Indian Standard Time)
Wikipedia celebrates its tenth anniversary globally on the 15th of January 2011. Wikimedia will celebrate this milestone with volunteers, donors, and other supporters on six continents. There are currently 110+ events planned worldwide. Our celebration events are open to participation by anyone who wants to join in reflecting on our collective accomplishments and goals for the future.
Wikipedians and well wishers in India are celebrating the tenth anniversary in a big way, with celebrations being planned 20+ cities across India. Mumbai is one of the active hubs for Wikipedians in India.
DEP-1 Seminar Hall
Veermata Jijabai Institute of Technology, http://www.vjti.ac.in/
H R Mahajani Marg, Matunga, Mumbai - 400019.
- Getting There
VJTI is located at Matunga and is easily accessible by rail and road from across Mumbai.
- If you are arriving by train:
- On Central Railways, you may alight at either Wadala Station (Harbour Line) or King Circle Station (Harbour Line to Andheri) or Matunga Station (Main Line).
- On Western Railways, you may alight at the Matunga Road Station.
- If you are arriving by bus the following BEST Routes take you to VJTI: 5, 6L, 7L, 8L, 11L, 15, 21, 22L, 24, 29, 43, 45, 64, 65, 66, 67, 76, 88, 90L, 92L, 93L, 110, 151, 161, 169, 171, 172, 312, 314, 315, 353, 411, 504L, 506L, 521L
In case of any help:
- 93221 21170 (Moksh Juneja)
- 89762 53586 (Pradeep Mohandas)
- 98694 78444 (Kundan Amitabh)
- 99876 76274 (Vivek Varghese Cherian)
- A video message from Jimmy Wales (Founder, Wikipedia) about the 10th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Keynote Address by Barry Newstead (Chief Global Development Officer, Wikimedia Foundation)
- Talk on Indic Languages Wikipedia by Kundan Amitabh (Wikipedia Angika Wiki Administrator)
- Cake Cutting Party
There is no fee to participate in the event. To register yourself please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Mumbai/WikipediaDay2011#Participants
Wikipedia India, Mumbai