Indore (Madhya Pradesh, India)
- 12 January 2011
- We are planning a one day event in Indore to celebrate Wikipedia's 10th anniversary. Please add your thoughts and comments on the talk page.
- Wikimedia enthusiasts in Indore
Date and Day: 12 January 2010, Wednesday
Time: 10 AM to 11.30 AM
- Presentation on Wikipedia and Panel discussion on role of Wikipedia in fostering Web 2.0 Revolution - Panel comprising faculty and students across India - Venue: Auditorium
Time: 11.30 AM to 11.45 AM
- Coffee Break AND Networking
Time: 11.45 AM to 1 PM
- Workshop on editing Wikipedia (To be held as a parallel session of National Youth Conference; see details under the head partnership) - Venue: NC2 Classroom
Time: 1 PM to 2 PM
- Lunch AND Networking
Time: 2 PM to 3.30 PM
- Screening of Documentaries; Q&A (To be held as a parallel session of National Youth Conference; see details under the head partnership) - Venue: NC2 Classroom
This event is being held as a part of the 3rd edition of the National Youth Conference at IIM Indore, which is focusing on value centric leadership, social entrepreneurship and socio-technological advances (poster) - themes that Wikipedia resonates with. The first session would be the flagship event of the conference (i.e., no parallel sessions) while the other sessions would be parallel sessions with a talk and a symposium happening at other venues. From what we understand, the conference already has over 200 registrations by youth representatives from across the country - 100 from Indore and 100 from elsewhere. Add to this, the 700 students of IIM Indore, of whom, a majority are taking part in the conference. As such, this is a great opportunity for not only bootstrapping the Wikimedia community in Indore but also cultivating Wikimedia thought leaders elsewhere in the country.
- Attendees are requested to carry a valid identification proof in order to gain entry into the host institute. All are welcome.
- There is no entry or registration fee for attending the Wikipedia events. However, attendees interested in having the conference lunch and/or tea may have to pay for the same. (Approx. Rs.100 or $2)
- Madhur Parihar
- Abhishek Apurv
- Tulika Chatrath
- G. KoteswaraRao